Readjusting

For the last couple of weeks, I have been thinking about writing in my blogg. I have also developed my ideas for what to write. But I never get to the point where I actually write what I think. It mounts up with a lot of thoughts in my brain. The problem of just what thinking what to write, is that you easily forget it. If you would only sit down for 10 minutes everyday I think it would do a lot for your brain. So it wouldn’t need to store so much information. I might be wrong now for all I know, but somehow it sounds logical?
Anyways, coming back was not as strange as I thought it would be. Maybe I haven’t changed that much, or maybe I’m able to slide into the same old me as I was before I left, because nothing has changed since I left. I have changed? When adopting back to, I’m actually still going through the stage of readjusting, it requires a bit of time and effort. My language is the weirdest thing ever. I take English words and translate them literally into Norwegian, which dosen’t always work that well. The other day I was talking with a friend about being outgoing which translated directly into Norwegian would mean something as you are going out or in my dialect, that something is out of date. She gave me a weird look. This is just one out of very many examples I have. My English is too well integrated into my Norwegian. To be honest it sounds awful. Before I moved away I hated listening to Norwegians who had tons of English words in their Norwegian. I’ve become one of them. It’s not only the language you need to readjust to. The mindset is sometimes hard to adjust to as well. Or how should I explain it, because I have a Norwegian mindset as well. I guess I’m tired of people with too much prejudice. It’s normal to be sceptical towards the unknown but somehow, or at least in my little village people are a bit more sceptical towards the unknown than what I consider healthy. I just maybe narrow down my village to some family members. I get furious when talking with people who consider Muslims savages, and that gay and lesbians should be placed in a mental hospital. Why have guy parade when there is no parade for us “normal”. A boy from my neighbour village was actually rewarded with the price, Mr. guy Europe. Which I think is awesome!
Since I live on the “rainy coast” I better get going, it’s now 28 Celsius outside, and as a Norwegian band sings, there is hardly a cotton-cloud in the sky!

Comments

Popular Posts