Do you anderstand?

”homesick, cause I no longer know where home is” Recently I started to organize all the different letters and papers I managed to bring back from Hong Kong. I look at pictures which once were upon my wall above my bed. I got all these yellow notes with small messages for me; “Wish you good luck for tomorrow. Don’t worry too much you are gonna be fine. And yeah… Have a good sleep. Katharina” , “Hey Iselin! Glad that you had a super project week! Here’s something for you – hope you’ll like it. You’re in the final stretch now. Have a wonderful rest-of-term!! Love Mei Ai” Maybe not very significant, but surely those small notes brings back good memories from a book which is called “Iselin’s two years in Hong Kong, based on a true story” Because that what it is, a book read and experienced. Sometimes you read a book which you wish could last a bit longer or you go back and read a chapter all over again, just because it was of great importance to you. That’s how I feel about Hong Kong. I can look at pictures and I can recall the situations. But the people I experienced it all with are not there any longer. I want them to come back, rewind the time. Start the book all over again. As they have and I, we’ve moved on. Not that we can’t look back in time, but for the first time in my life I really feel that a period in my lifespan has a defined ending. You walk out the gate and you’re now history. As I left my high school here home I had no such feeling. Because I knew I would return back to my family and friends, the life which always seemed similar to me, would continue. It did, I’m home and nothing has changed. Maybe it’s me who has changed…?

Comments

Popular Posts