One second is all it takes

Sometimes in life an incident happens that make you aware how precious life really is. In that moment you want to tell everyone you care about how much you love them. Even though you can’t think that every day is going to be the last one, you should live everyday in its full length to get as much out of it as possible. It’s sad that a sudden accident made me realize this, and that I haven’t always thought of life like that. My cousins’ nine year old son was killed in an accident recently. I have been crying so much over this, because it frightens me how vulnerable we really are, how little control we actually have over our lives. In one moment you’re alive, in the next you’re hit by a car and it’s all over. One second is all it takes for you to stop breathing. I just want that young boy to come back. Make the blood run around in his veins, make his heart beat. Why is life so bloody unfair sometimes? You get so set aside when something like this happens. Why him? Why not someone who’s old, who have had a long life? I would want to see that boys’ smiling face again, see him run around in our garden when he would come to visit in the summer. But he’s not coming back, and it’s so painful. I can’t imagine that energetic body not moving around. That he is all silent. All by himself in a coffin. It’s a surreal thought in my head. Those nine years turned into a whole lifespan for him. Can you actually say that nine years is a lifespan? It’s too short. I’m thinking he must be cold and lonely, because I can’t face the fact that he really is dead.

Carpe diem, and let the good memories live on.

Comments

Popular Posts