Let it snow, let it snow

The Christmas feeling came, but a bit too late, about a month to be fairly accurate. So it goes in a place where it was warmer on Christmas Eve compared to our national day, the 17th of May. I don’t know if I’m supposed to laugh or cry? I actually cannot remember having read a single news paper the last month without reading something about the weather that is in change, or the climate. It’s hard times, and it doesn’t look as if it’s getting better. I try to look for information on the internet about what I can do to be a good environmental person. Most what I find on my way is more of what my government is doing to be environmental, and by reading the headlines in the news paper it doesn’t look as if their doing very well. But back to what I was looking for. Information that I can relate to, I try to recycle but here in Bergen I only have one bin where everything is to be thrown into. At my parents house we have one for paper, one for food waste and one for plastic and etc. I find it strange that they don’t have this in the cities, or at least not here in Bergen. Also when I go to Oslo these days I try to go by train, but it doesn’t make sense that I have to pay more for a train ticket from Bergen to Oslo that takes around six and a half hours than I have to pay for a one hour flight the same distance. Everyone knows that it’s much more environmental taking a train compared to taking a plane. So why is it so damn hard for government to do something about it? Even when the Norwegian state, have so much money that I’m not able to understand the amount. Where is the sense in that? It would be great to make a difference and it would be great if someone would listen. But do they?

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are living in the wrong country if you expect social responsibility from the general public. Norwegians are notorious racists and egoists (apparently well known to everyone but Norwegians) and the chance of anyone really caring about the society is pretty slim. The age old question of whether one is doing something good for unselfish reasons or whether one does it foor purely selfish reasons - like easing a disturbed conscious, or receiving acknowledgement and recognition for their acts.

Popular Posts